Friday, May 8, 2009

Little Boys

I waited in the long, wide airport corridor for his plane to land. Suddenly, he appeared at the gate and started walking toward me. As he approached I did not see a 34 year old married, professional man who lives in one of the largest cities in the world. I saw a three year old...grinning from ear to ear, hair bouncing, blue eyes twinkling. I saw my little boy. As we drove away from the airport I wondered, "Do we ever see our sons as anyone other than our little boys?" Later this evening I got the answer to my question when my 47 year old son who is the Grandfather of three offered to carry down the cook out garbage and put it in the can AND I handed him the garbage, looked at him and said, "Be careful going down the stairs, Honey".

1 comment:

Betsy said...

LOL....isn't it the truth!!!

Love ya....