Thursday, May 14, 2009

He was my baby for 13 years.

When he was only a preschooler, Tim saved his money for weeks and weeks for a trip up to Gatlinburg. Once there, he held his little money bag close to his body and looked and looked to find just the right item to purchase. As we made our way down the shop lined streets, we came to a fake well on the street with a sign explaining that all the money in the well would be donated to help crippled children. "Why is that here, Momma?", he ask as he looked inside at all the money at the bottom of the well. I explained that some children were not as blessed as he and his brother were and that the money would be used to purchase crutches, wheel chairs etc. for children who were crippled. We started to walk on down the street but noticed that Tim was still standing by the well looking inside it. "Come on, Honey", I beckoned. He looked up at me with those beautiful eyes and with a smile, he poured all his money into the well and he was never sorry he did it. That is my Tim.
I told you that each of my sons taught me a life lesson...Tim taught me to give. He was always that way.
Several year ago, he married a very lovely and talented young woman who had three teenagers...she happens to be a great cook too. (Go to her site in my favorites...it's Foothill Primitives) He loves those kids as if they were his own and is now the Grandfather of three. I am so proud of the way he interacts with his Grandchildren and of the love he gives them.
I had to use a picture of him in a car because that kid has always LOVED cars...especially Formula One racing. His office is filled with memorabilia of Formula One events he has attended. If I were a rich woman that kid would be driving a big red Ferrari...the car of his dreams. Next to cars he LOVES cats and has had a cat since he was able to carry one in his arms.
Although he is a business man, he is a talented craftsman as well. I don't think there is much of anything he can not repair or build. He has taken broken tables, chairs etc. and made them look new for me. He even carves missing parts.
He is an avid gamer and has taught himself to play a pretty mean guitar lately.
That's my Tim!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

awww, that's so sweet..Yes, Tim is an incredible person, much like his sweet Momma....

love ya Momma...so much!!

Grandpapa Duke said...

Wow. Your sone sounds pretty incredible. How could one guy be so many 'things'? He must have had a great Mom and Dad to show him the way. I wish I could be like that...oh...wait...I am! Thank you for the kinds words...love - Tim