Thursday, August 20, 2009

What kind of world do we live in..........

This evening as we were getting ready for dinner the television was on in the background and from it I heard this: "Today Cindy Crawford admited to reports that she has cellulite". This just stopped me in my tracks and I thought...people are starving, suffering, captive, and dealing with problems like how to feed their children another day and THIS is what we hear on the news! I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. What have we come to as a nation. Why do we put up with such......we have power as "the people". We could write to members of the press, the major televisions stations.....we could do something, couldn't we? BUT do we? NO, we just do what I did.....nod our heads in discust and continue on with our day. Could we change things if we tried harder? Shouldn't we try to do something? I know we do not need to hear only gloom and doom from the press but some of the things we hear like the above news that started me writing this is just plain stupid.

No comments: