Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fall is on the way.

Today I sit here....still healing.......and see from my window tiny hints that fall is on it's way. A breeze blows through the trees and as the leaves rustle a few early yellow leaves let go of the branch that has given them life for a year and swirl to the ground. Fall is my favorite time of year. This time of year the tempatures are "just right", the leaves start to turn shades of golden yellow, dark burgandy and firey red orange. Although it does not last long, the world is bright, beautiful and more peaceful. And, the TN Volunteers run onto the field once again bringing chills and thrills to TN folk like me. Festivals and county fairs are held every weekend. Pumplins, apples, cider, corn stalks tied in bundles, hay bales here and there are signs that fall is near. I LOVE IT! I open the door and take a deep breath, my heart races at the thought of what is to come......fall.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

It is the most wonderful time of the year!!